The English Version

Everything has a history, including this blog. A disaster on my Wordpress blog, was the trigger. I was unable to access my blog.  Without any explanation, Wordpress decided to suspend my blog.

I was really upset at that time. Not only because the blog was suspended, but in addition to that, I was in the middle of reviewing the blog. It was not a good time for downtime. It destroyed my mood and ring a bell on my head that I needed a disaster recovery plan.

Luckily, Wordpress gave me a chance to export the post and comments hence I could import my posts into a new blog, which then became this blog. It wasn't that easy to restore it though, since Wordpress and Blogspot have different data format. Extra effort was required to migrate the contents.

The next day, I got a reply from Wordpress that the suspension happened due to incorrect behavior of their anti spam. For some reason my blog was judged as a spammer. Something that I couldn't believe since I had been maintaining the blog for more than 15 years already.

Long story short, I got my Wordpress back with a bonus, which is this blogspot blog. Then my next question was what I supposed to do with this blog.

By learning from the previous disaster, I was thinking of keeping this blog alive and synced with the other blog. It would behave like an High Availability Cluster.

Later on -well, a few minutes ago- I realized that maintaining two blogs with the same contents was not a good idea too. It may disturb my blog reputation, while also confused people. Others may thought that one of them was a fake one.

Having all of the thoughts, I finally decided to change the plan again. Now I'm thinking to make this blog as an English version of the other one. I need another blog in English anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tertipu Hitungan Kartu Belanja Carrefour

Kidal dan Otak

Ngadutrafik 2007 dan perilaku lapor-melapor